Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Almost 24

I will be 24 in 5 days, and I feel as if this past year of being 23 has dramatically changed my life. So, i think I'll reminse about my 23rd year of life.
Last year at this time I was confused, and heartbroken and totally not even close to walking with God. I was depressed, and poor and frustrated with life. I had two roomates, one that I got along with really well and that was the extent of my fun. However, I wasn't happy there's definetley a big difference between having fun and being happy. I made a lot of sinful mistakes last fall, and I'm just so blessed and thankful that God is a forgiving God. When I look back now, I realize that if I hadn't gone through that I may have not been so anxious to reconsile to God and get my life back. I know that what I went through last fall wasn't what God wanted for me, and looking back not what I wanted for myself, but it's what caused me to break completley to bring me back to the throne of God and His grace. :) SO cool He is! I ended up hurting my roomates and breaking a lease that they weren't happy about, and losing a good friendship, but Jan. I got re baptised, turned my life over to God, and not even two weeks later met the love of my life S! It's amazing what God can do when you turn your heart back to Him. These past 7 months have been the craziest, and best months of my life. We have our frustrations, like when the ice cream in the freezer melts and I think it should be thrown away, but S wants to try and re freeze it :). Or when noodles fall in the sink and I refuse to eat them :) haha. But seriously, I have grown SO SO much and S and I have grown so much together, and we couldn't have done it without the grace of our Lord. As I look back to last year, and how much I was hurting, but struggled to hold on to that hurt because it was comfortable, I see now that when I let go and let God, all things are possible. I challenge whoever reads these- if your comfortable in a situation, but you know it's not right, then be bold step out of that comfort zone and make a choice to let go and let God. I promise you'll end up better in the end. He can do great things.
In the next few days I'll write my list of what I want to do in my 24th year. :) it's good so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Seven said...

Birthday! Birthday! Yay! Yay!